Thursday, 10 September 2009

Spell to sweeten others by Herneoakshield

I don’t usually post spells to forums but wrote this as a result of a post on witch bottles on paganwaysUK and decided to post it on here as well since I figured it would be of interest.

I found this on the web somewhere, I think it was on the Lucky Mojo website, but I honestly cant remember as i have had it for some time now, I adapt it so that it fits in with my own path so I don't include some things that may be used in the original. Where this is the case I have tried to comment in brackets.

The spell can be worked on anyone you want to sweeten towards you, be it a love spell *shudder*, or a working to bring about a positive outcome to a court case, maybe strengthening a friendship after an argument or any other use you can think where you need to sweeten the situation. such as forgiveness of mistakes, getting a loan from the bank, that kind of thing.

What you need:

A jar of honey or similar (Golden syrup, maple Syrup, treacle etc)
A Candle I use an ordinary 4 inch white candle (If you go in for that kind of thing you could use a coloured one to correspond with the intention if you wanted.)
Any herbs or other objects you want to add So long as they again correspond with the intention.
A piece of Paper
A pen
also an anointing oil if you anoint candles normally.

So to begin you take your jar of Honey or whatever the sweetener you chose was, (needs to be in a jar with a metal lid). something of interest here is that in years gone by when skin colour was more of an issue it was believed that the sweetener should match the colour of the 'Target' so for a white person you would choose say sugar syrup, for a Latino it may be a light brown sugar syrup or golden syrup etc, and for a dark skinned person maybe treacle. these days it is not as important, as skin colour has less significance. (keep in mind this is a hoodoo spell from the US and more specifically the New Orleans and Mississippi delta area. And colour had a big impact on life there.) I just use honey for this as it is readily available and is already in a glass jar

Take the piece of paper you write the 'targets' name in the middle of it three times on separate lines under each other like :

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs

Then turn the paper by 90 degrees and write your own name over the top of the first three times:

Jane Bloggs
Jane Bloggs
Jane Bloggs

So you now have your name crossing over the other(conveniently enough known as crossing and covering) you could use coloured ink that corresponds to the intention ie red for love, but it doesn't really matter to be honest it is the intent that is important.

Now you need to write your intent in a circle round the names, you have to do this in one continuous line of letters, not lifting your pen from the paper and leaving no spaces. Don't cross the T's or dot the i's. this step is easiest if you work out the simplest way of expressing the spells intention such as 'Come back forgive me come back' or 'love me love me love me' that kind of thing.
During this stage if you end up lifting the pen from the paper while writing the intent around the names you will need to start over again with a new piece of paper.

Any other objects that you may want to add to the jar are added to the paper at this point, so any corresponding herbs, or nail or hair samples of the other person etc. as long as it corresponds to the intent behind the jar, an example being a couple of cloves for friendship or maybe a couple of rose petals for love, some sugar for a family member.
If you use someone's hair and it is a jar for love or lust, then add one of your own hairs as well and twist them both together.

now fold the paper and any extras you added towards you (this brings what you are wanting to you. While you do this vocalise the intent of the jar, turn the paper and fold it again towards you keep tuning and folding, always fold towards yourself and vocalise the intent each time you fold as well. Basically fold it as many times as you can until it wont fold, Which is usually something like 6 times I think.

Open the honey jar and eat some of it to make room for the paper, as yu eat it say something like As this is sweet to me so will I become sweet to Joe Bloggs (name on the paper), do this three times, so eat three spoons of honey or whatever the sweetener is, once this is done push the paper into the jar and close the lid. ( I like to add a little sugar at this point just to add some extra sweetener to it all.

Now for the candle, basically just melt the bottom a little so that it will stick to the lid of the jar, and then light the candle (having dressed it with oil first if you feel it is necessary). Allow the candle to burn down al the way untill it extinguishes itself, leave the jar on your alter if you have one or hide it away in a cupboard or some other 'secret place' repeat the candle burning every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for as long as it takes. each candle you use should be put on top of the remaining wax from the previous one.

And there you have it, a honey and candle spell jar. Similar in some respect to a witch bottle but with the added twist of Hoodoo elements.

I mentioned above the colour aspect, this could spread to the type of paper you use as well, I just use a decent quality parchment type o paper but I think traditionally within Hoodoo you would use a brown paper bag, some would tear it on all four ides so there were no neat edges other prefer a straight edge.

The important thing really is to do what feel right to you at the time. All spells can be adapted to suit each individual person, just following something as written won't always give the best results because it has nothing personal to it. Add your own interpretation to it and it will be more effective, At least that is my view. I've found is spell to be particularly effective

Hope you found this interesting as i say at the beginning I think I found the original version (ie before I re wrote it) on the Lucky Mojo website which is well worth reading for anyone with an interest in Hoodoo practices.
_________________
Herneoakshield